Monday 12 October 2009

Mittens from scratch

I've been working on a secret knitting project. Sketching, swatching, charting, knitting, frogging, more charting, more knitting and eventually a very pleasing design for a pair of mittens. I'm turning my notes and charts into a pattern, which will be test-knitted and published here early November. I'm also making another pair without the halo of Drops Alpaca and variegated colours of Mini Mochi yarns, although it was the gorgeous greens in the Mini Mochi that inspired the whole idea ... that and my wish for snow this winter. Off for a walk in the woods with the children now, it's another gorgeous sunny day and they want to see fungi and horses.


5 comments:

  1. wow! they're really lovely. i'm very impressed and i look forward to the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nery nice, I just finished working on a pair of mitts...so i understand the charting!

    ReplyDelete