Monday 1 June 2009

Look at what I bought

What can I say ... I've been in a bit of a flurry over the past month, shamelessly knitting at every opportunity. I behave like this frequently when swept away by a new idea. Plus I've been feeling like an accomplished knitter after my Swallowtail Shawl and all that. Then one knit night, Skein Queen bought in a selection of her latest hand dyed yarns including 2 skeins of this little beauty which she had dyed especially for me ...


Skein Queen - Finesse in Plumcious


which I am turning into this ...

Clapotis Shawl - Kate Gilbert


and I also made another little purchase ...


Skein Queen - Finesse in Olive Tapanade



which I am turning into this ...

Madli's Shawl - Nancy Bush


Then I sat, slightly giddy from all that lovely yarn, knitting and quietly reflecting on the change in me over the past 7 months since I re-discovered knitting. Everything else can wait - the laundry, the weeds in the garden, the shopping - there's always tomorrow, right? Right! That's what I thought. I will get knitting into balance with everything else, soon. I'll just do a few more rows and reflect on that a bit more.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way the Olive Tapanade is knitting up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks even better in person and is very strong for a lacewieght.

    ReplyDelete